Re: Boot Loader problem

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 02:30:01PM -0000, adi narayan  swain wrote:
> hi everybody,
> I have a IBM X.225 Server running Red Hat 8.0 on it. It has
> RAID-4LX controler for RAID-5. The server had some hardware
> problem,so I replaced its mother board, which has the same
> configuration as the previous one. After installing the mother
> board I started my system. The system stoped at LIL prompt. Though
> I have a rescue disket I managed to start the system with it. The
> problem is how I can install the boot loader on it.
>    Please help me.
> thank in advance,
> Aditya.
>
> A.N.Swain.
Verify this with the Lilo documentation but if memory serves LIL
means the secondary Lilo loader was found but could not be
executed. It probably means you are pointing the primary loader
to a secondary loader that is not executable. I would suggest
booting with a rescue disk. Then check the lilo.conf in the /etc
on the real linux system. Then run run lilo -v -v to check fore
errors. Assuming that the linux system is mounted on
/mnt/sysimage run chroot /mnt/sysimage before you do the above
steps.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University