Re: Install fails on 486

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, j debert wrote:

> I am trying to install 7.3 on a 486DX w/ 32Mb RAM using floppy and CD.
>
> The floppy boots successfully but the loader dies on "signal 11" and
> system halts.
>
> It sees all the drives including the ide CD drive.
>
> I've successfully installed up to 7.2 on 486's but never 7.3.
>
> How can it be booted without starting the loader?

It might be memory, but it might be an installer bug (search Bugzilla).
RH won't fix the installer bug for i486 installations, however you can
install successfully with the RULE Project miniconda installer (at least I
could).  Visit www.rule-project.org.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences