Re: slow NFS performance, especially during writes

I would like to state that this problem (slow performance between solaris client & linux nfs server) is solved by installing solaris 8 patch 108727-25 on the clients. Once this patch is in place, the solaris clients perform similiarily to the HP-UX and Linux clients.

Thanks to all that have helped me in solving this. I still do not understand why increasing the max block size to 32k on the server side didn't make a difference over an 8k enabled kernel, but that is another battle for another day.

Tom