Re: Two mices (PS/2 and USB) on XFree86 and RH 7.3

This works for me on my laptop:

    Section "ServerLayout"

        Identifier     "MyX"
        Screen         0  "ScreenNvidia" 0 0
        InputDevice    "USBMouse" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "PS2Mouse" "AlwaysCore"
    EndSection

    Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "PS2Mouse"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Buttons" "5"
    EndSection

    Section "InputDevice"
    # If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
    # this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
    # also use USB mice at the same time.
        Identifier  "USBMouse"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
        Option      "Buttons" "5"
    EndSection

Note I use AlwaysCore for the USB mouse. I specify Buttons 5 as the usb mouse is a
wheelmouse. The laptop only has two buttons so I use emulate3buttons but in order for
the usb mouse to get the wheel working I also needed the buttons 5 in both sections.
(whell, maybe it is not needed anymore with the latest X versions, but when
I started using this I had to do it. I've used this setup since the redhat 8 betas..)

-MArcel