Re: what to do when support runs out

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Lucas Albers wrote:

> I have a number of servers that running versions of linux between 7.0 and
> 9.0.
> I am contemplating what to do when support dies for all the release of
> redhat previous to 9 .

If upgrading often is a problem, you might be better to wait until
October, when RedHat 10 (if that is what they call it) and the RHEL 3.0
releases should be available.
If you choose to upgrade to RedHat 9, or its successors, you will probably
have to upgrade each machine once a year, whereas if you choose an RHEL
release, you may be able to leave it as long as 5 years between upgrades.

	Michael Young