How to reject spam?

All,

Are there any tools for RH 7.X that can reject spam as it arrives on your
machine (say by subject or address)?  This is different from a simple
mailbox filter since I want to return the spam as it arrives on my box.
/etc/mail/access is a good start but nearly impossible to reject
forged/bogus addresses from major providers like Yahoo and Hotmail without
pitching all incoming mail from these services.  Thus rejection by subject
line would be useful.

Any ideas?

-- John