Re: VMware on RedHat 8.0

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Dariusz Lukijaniuk wrote:

First of all, questions about RHL 8.0 belong on psyche-list, not
valhalla-list.

>  Hi everyone, i was installing VMware 3.2 on my comp,
> but when I ran the
>  vmware-config.pl, I have this problem:
>
> [...]
>
> - Where do I find the "directory of C header files
> that match your running kernel?".

Make sure that you have the kernel-source RPM installed.

>  I have redhat 8.0 installed and took all the default
> options during installation.

The kernel-source RPM is not installed by default.

BTW, you will need a patch from the VMWare site to run VMWare on RHL 8.0.
Look around the support pages or the Newsgroups for more information.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs clemson edu