Re: iPlanet Webserver

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 11:23, Michael Weiner wrote:
> Does anyone on this list use iPlanet's Webserver or more aptly Sun One
> Webserver (version 6 SP4.0) on redhat 7.3? i am running this webserver
> and trying to get htaccess working properly to no avail. I can get the
> webserver to accept the .htaccess as an ACL, however it wants a user
> authentication db (like ldap or other), and i want it to use the
> standard .htpasswd as apache does. Has anyone on this list got this to
> work? I would appreciate any information that you can provide.
>
> Thanks in advance
> --
> Michael B. Weiner

	First of all, though not documented, authentication is an either/or
thing. Either you can use LDAP OR .htaccess, but you cannot use both at
the same time, LDAP will win out if you try.
	Secondly, make sure you have set up your .htaccess configuration under
the content management tab of the virtual server you want the ACL to
apply to.
	Thirdly, be sure to use the full pathname to the password file for
AuthUserFile
	Hope this helps.

--
Best Regards,