Logging

I am trying to log from my Cisco 675 DSL router to my linux box -
/var/log/cisco.log - to monitor when my IP changes. How do I start syslogd
with the -r option and get it to start that way automatically?

My syslog.conf has the following lines.

# Log Cisco messages to logfile, deny logging to syslog
local1.*                                                /var/log/cisco.log
#local1.none                                            /var/log/messages
#local1.none                                            /var/log/syslog

Thanks