Re: How to install the sendmail update package

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 hongwei morpheus wustl edu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded "Updated Sendmail packages to fix a vulnerability" for
> rh7.3.  What are the steps to run it?  Do I need to stop the current
> sendmail, install the rpm packge, then restart sendmail?  Do I need to
> run the cf package too?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hongwei

If you downloaded it in RPM format, run rpm -Uvh <RPM name>.  It will
take care of stoping sendmail, and restarting it after the install.  If
it replaced your config file with a new version, it probably will not
restart sendmail.  (You will see a messages about the config file saved
as <name>.rpmsave.)

Mikkel