Linux Init Doesn't Recognize USB/Hangs

I recently installed Red Hat 7.3 workstation on a PC,
and cannot get it to complete the boot/init process.
During the init process, as the system is doing a
probe of devices, it hangs right after an entry for a
USB device. I had a problem a few month ago, with a
separate installation that was not recognizing a Zip
drive. To rectify this, I entered the appropriate
parameter upon initialization start (linux
hdd=noprobe). Must I do the same thing for this USB
device? The probe/scan is hanging on a device
'ehci-hcd'. What would the parameter be?

Thanks,
Chuck