Re: How to install the sendmail update package

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 08:58:59PM +0000, hongwei morpheus wustl edu wrote:
> I just downloaded "Updated Sendmail packages to fix a vulnerability" for
> rh7.3.  What are the steps to run it?  Do I need to stop the current
> sendmail, install the rpm packge, then restart sendmail?  Do I need to
> run the cf package too?

1.  Configure up2date
2.  up2date -l          # list available updates
3.  up2date -u          # install those updates

You don't have to worry about reconfiguring or stopping or restarting
sendmail - up2date handles it all properly.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org