Re: Help with old kernels, can I delete?

Michael Cortes writes:
> Below I have listed my grub.conf file (I don't think this proves a security
> risk).  As I have updated the kernels on my RH boxes, I keep getting more
> kernels listed.  I know I can just take them out of grub.conf and I will not
> be bothered with them during bootup.
>
> However, they do take up space on my disks.  Can I delete the old kernels
> without posing a problem?  And how would I go about doing that?
	You can delete all but one kernel package, but it's much safer to
leave at least one kernel more. Don't delete the ones which you have run for
a long time, delete others and too old. E. g.
rpm -e kernel-2.4.18-17.7.x kernel-2.4.18-10 kernel-2.4.18-5 kernel-2.4.18-3

--

--Zdenek Pytela, <letty mrakoplas phil muni cz>