Re: Help with old kernels, can I delete?

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Michael Cortes wrote:

> Below I have listed my grub.conf file (I don't think this proves a security
> risk).  As I have updated the kernels on my RH boxes, I keep getting more
> kernels listed.  I know I can just take them out of grub.conf and I will not
> be bothered with them during bootup.
>
> However, they do take up space on my disks.  Can I delete the old kernels
> without posing a problem?  And how would I go about doing that?

  Once you're sure an old kernel will not be used anymore, just do (as
root):
rpm -e oldkernel
  The respective grub entries will be erased as well.

--
Francisco Stefano Wechsler           | Diga não ao monopólio! Use Gnu-Linux.
Dep. Prod. Expl. Animal-FMVZ-UNESP   | Que o Pingüim esteja contigo!