NFS & iptables

 HI,

I'm trying to force the nfs services to bind to a specific port, so that I can open those ports on the
firewall.  I have the following services running:

mountd,
statd,
rquotad,
nlockmgr

I have used the -p with the rpc.mountd, and rpc.statd, but they revert back to a randopm ports after I
restart the nfs service.  However, I don't know how to lock down the ports for rquotad and nlockmgr.

Here are my questions:

1) What is the correct way of locking down the ports for mountd and statd, so that they will remain the
same.  I have modified the /etc/init.d/nfs and /etc/iinit.d/nfslock, and they work, but am not sure if
that is the right way.

2) How do I lock down the ports for nlockmgr, and rquotad?

3) I also have a question regarding NFS over TCP.  Where does that stand with nfs version 3?  I am
running 2.4.18 kernel.  How do I configure my nfs server to use TCP instead of UDP?  Can it be done
now, or is it still some time before it is available.  The stuff that I have read on the internet date
back to the year 2000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Reza.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup