Re: telnet... again!

There are a few things to check.

1) Make sure the network cables are the right type and
they are plugged in.
2) Try pinging 192.187.10.3 to see if the interface
with that IP address is responding
3) Make sure 192.187.10.3 is the actual system you
want to connect to, because the DNS may be setup
incorrectly and/or you have the wrong IP address.  I
just tried pinging that address and looking up its
name and got no response.  Did you mean to use a
private IP address from the 192.168.0.0 network and
inadvertantly used an address from the 192.187.0.0
network?
4) Make sure xinetd knows that telnetd is available by
typing /etc/init.d/xinetd {reload|restart}.
5) If you are using a firewall, like iptables, make
sure it is not blocking that port.
6) Make sure you actually have the telnet server
installed:  rpm -qa|grep telnet

There may be a few more things to check, but try these
first.

Thanks.