Re: RHN

> > My question is can
> > I use this like a real RHN account or do I have to pay for something?
>
> Check out the feature comparison here:
>
>   https://rhn.redhat.com/preview/index.pxt
>
> A free "demo" account is not as capable as the payed subscription
> models. For instance, you won't be able to download updates from RHN
> during heavy traffic. Paying customers get priority access.

That's understandable. I run a very lean server for three friends. I just
want to be able to run 'uptodate' or whatever and see what packages need
updating (apache, ssh, and uw-imap in particular). Then I'll go out and
grab the right rpm. Can I 'convert' my demo account to do this for the
new machine?

Mike

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are