Re: telnet... again!

Thanks for everyone's input.
I have changed the IP addresses to a 192.168.0.0, it sounds more
suitable for small private network.
I don't use DNS, well not right now.

Telnet is alive and well. I can telnet from the RH 8.0 server to the RH
7.3 laptop. But not into the server. I am able to ping each other. The
connection is just refused when trying to gain access to the server.
I get the same response from ssh. Since I am more familiar with telnet,
I just wanted to verify that the connections can be made before I set up
the secure shell.

Somewhere, on the RH8.0 box, the there must be a setting that needs to
be changed.