logrotate

Hi to all,

I have these lines in /etc/logrotate.d/syslog;

/var/log/maillog {
    mail root
    size=10000k
    postrotate
        /usr/bin/killall -HUP syslogd
    endscript
}

It rotates the file to maillog.1 and continues to write to maillog file.
However, sometimes it rotates the file as maillog.1 and continues to write
over it. And maillog states as an ampty file. Since, I examine the log file,
and do something, it is important for me,

Thanks for your attention

Virus taramasi Vexira AV programi kullanilarak Is Net tarafindan yapilmistir.
This e-mail is checked by Is Net against all known types of viruses using Vexira AV.
Is Net'in en ucuz saatlik kullanim paketi Teneffus.Net'i ve en ucuz sinirsiz erisim paketi Taksitli Ekonet'i duymus muydunuz?
http://www.isnet.net.tr/teneffusnet/
http://www.isnet.net.tr/taksitliekonet/