Re: SCSI Termination

On 10:07 12 Mar 2003, redhat_valhalla yahoo com au <redhat_valhalla yahoo com au> wrote:
| On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Tim Miller wrote:
| > If you have a mainboard that has both scsi and ide and you choose not to
| > use the scsi do you need to have it terminated?
|
| Depends. Technically yes, but I was running Linux on such  a system for
| some time without problems. Then I tried to run NT;-(.

Yeah. Generally you can get away without a terminator if it's unused, but you
really shouldn't. This supporting followup was really only an excuse for the
sig quote:-)
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        cs zip com au    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
knife whilst burning *black* candles.	- Anthony DeBoer