RE: Logging as Root Using Telnet?

Noting all the security pointers tossed your way, rlogin & telnet DO allow root logins (which was your question).
/etc/hosts.allow, /etc/hosts.deny, /etc/securetty and ~root/.rhosts must be configured accordingly.
Also rlogin/telnet must be enabled at the service level.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 02:14:00AM -0500, Blessing Kamutande wrote:
> Hie All
> Does telnet, rlogin and ssh allow you to login as root? If not how can I log in from another machine using any of the above with root privileges??

Brian Brunner (brian t brunner gai-tronics com)

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

www.hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated