Re: New RHN "Rules"

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:17:01AM -0500, Rich Lichvar wrote:
> In short, they stink. Red Hat is going the way of Microsoft. Right now I am
> considering what other Linux distributions to migrate to away from RH. Get
> on the ball, Red Hat, or lose your user base.

Let me get this straight:  Red Hat offers a free service to the Linux
commmunity (you can still download the Red Hat ISOs at no charge),
provides a free service to apply security fixes to those free downloads
for at least a year, and you're pissed that they're going the way of
Microsoft?  What has Microsoft given you for free?

Do you have any idea how much effort and expense Red Hat puts in to provide
these free services?  Do you work for free?

I personally believe that Red Hat is on the ball.  I can go to my stash
of Linux distribution CDs that I picked up at Linuxworld in NYC in 2000
and I'll bet that well over half of them are out of business.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org