Re: floppy and CD drive

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 11:10:40AM -0600, Michael Smitheres wrote:

> How do i access my A:\ or D:\ on linux?...
> Im used to just using My computer to see them.

Unix-like systems do things differently than Windows. Drives are
mounted into folders that are part of the filesystem (/mnt/floppy
and /mnt/cdrom are usually used for the respective drives).
I would strongly recommand you a Linux book to learn the basics.

There is a package (included in Red Hat Linux) called mtools
which allows you to access your floppy and cdrom drive with the
a: and d: notation. Please check it is installed and read its
documentation to learn how to use it.

Emmanuel