Re: Red Hat Linux 9 -- Get it Early - ???

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Ed Wilts wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 11:33:26AM -0600, Michael Brininstool wrote:
> > Well, I emailed them back and told them I will never again buy or download
> > x.0.  so until the .1 or .2 come out, I don't want to hear from them.
>
> Since the new products are now "versionless", that means that you'll
> never buy or download the "redistributable" line again.  If you want
> x.1, you'll have to buy the Enterprise Linux line.
>
> http://www.matrixlist.com/pipermail/leaplist/2003-March/029087.html

I have some doubts about that. For starters, Bryan keeps referring to "rawhide"
as "beta." Those you've use Phoebe, (null) et al know that's wrong.

Those who want bleeding edge could take a look at http://www.knoppix.net/
It combines RH hardware detection with a selection from Debian.

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.