Re: trouble finding cd-rw on gateway 200 laptop w/docking station

** Reply to message from Blaise Canzian <blaise nofs navy mil> on Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:32:47 -0700

> I have a Gateway 200 laptop with docking station and  RH cannot see the
> CD-RW drive...that is, despite having the mount point in /etc/fstab,
> "mount /dev/cdrom" does not work, erroring with "mount: No medium
> found".  The CD-RW drive is connected to the laptop through the docking
> station via firewire...perhaps this is the problem?  Any help?  Thanks.

If it is a blank CD or there is no CD in the drive, you will not be able to mount it because there is as yet no filesystem on it to mount :))

jb