Re: mgetty multiple dial in modems

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, cKBoy wrote:

> Has anyone successfully configured mgetty with 2 internal modems (COM3 & 4)?
> I have tried but I keep on getting errors... I have tried on 5 different
> systems with almost the same results everytime.
>
> mgetty[582]: init chat failed, exitting...: Interrupted system call
> mgetty[582]: failed in mg_init_data, dev=ttyS3,pid=582
> mgetty[602]: init chat failed, exitting...: Interrupted system call
> mgetty[602]: failed in mg_init_data, dev=ttyS3,pid=602

I've been doing test installs (of Debian) on a Del Optiplex G1 which had an ISA superio bord in it.

I wanted to use the onboard serial port, ttyS0, as my console using a null-modem cable.

After much fussing round, I took the card out and all came good. I don't have
any docs on the card, it came with the second hand computer, but it was
jumpered to IRQ3 & 4 (which I know is standard). The BIOS had the onbard ports
set as ttyS2/3 - probably why they didn't work for me.

Having thought about it, do you have a mouse on a serial port? If so, remove it
and try again.

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.