Re: Update GLibC on a running system?

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> Reboot might not be a bad idea, though.  I upgraded to the latest glibc
> errata and sshd stopped allowing connections.  I saw another poster with
> the same problem who said restarting sshd solved the problem for him, but
> I couldn't get it to work for me without rebooting.  If you are at a
> distance from the server, being locked out would be pretty bad.

I too have seen this. I generally work around it on remote machines by
simply NOT logging out before I do a service ssh restart. In all cases
this has been enough to fix it for me. If it is convienient/possible I
agree it is most likely better to reboot. Unfortunately a reboot is not
always a good option.

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl rogueind com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....