Re: Compatibilite Redhat / IOMega

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Francisco Stefano Wechsler wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Alain Siani wrote:
> > Bonjour,
> > Je souhaite acheter un disque IOMega 120G ext sur port USB2.
> > Il me faut ajouter une carte PCI USB 2.0
> > Pouvez vous me conseiller une carte qui fonctionne sous linux redhat 7.3 ?
> > Merci,
> > Alain
>
>   I can't help you from the technical standpoint, but let me translate
> your message:
>
>   Good morning.
>   I intend to purchase an IOMEGA 120G disk that uses a USB2 port.
>   I need to install a PCI USB 2.0 card.
>   Can you recommend a card that works with Linux RedHat 7.3?
>   Thank you.

Is there a reason to prefer USB 2.0 over firewire?

A client provided me with a no-name PCI firewire card, an external box
containing a standard Seagate IDE drive. It worked with Valhalla very well
indeed.

The drive/box combination bought separately is cheaper than an integrated unit, and if you want a different/larger drive, just pop a standard PC drive in.

Also worth considering is serial ATA. There are SATA drives around now, they're
hot-pluggable and potentially bigger, faster.

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.