Re: trouble finding cd-rw on gateway 200 laptop w/docking station

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:32:47 -0700
Blaise Canzian <blaise nofs navy mil> wrote:

> The CD-RW drive is connected to the laptop through the docking
> station via firewire...perhaps this is the problem?  Any help?
>  Thanks.

Hmm I hope you are not trying to mount it with a clean CD-R[W]
inside, or worse, trying to mount it so you can write data on
it.

I do not know your level of expertise so my intent is not to
hurt your feelings, it's just that I've seen a lot of people
that thought it was necessary to mount de CD-RW before "burning"
data on it.

--
Registered Linux user #298569
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other