Re: Red Hat Linux 9 -- Get it Early - ???

<snip>
> Or you can upgrade (for free) when your Red Hat version goes EOL and
> your costs don't change.  I don't see how upgrading once a year can
> really take more time than back-porting fixes to keep your RH 7.3 system
> maintained.

Upgrading may mean losing some functions, plus the learning curve of
trying to figure out where they hide or rename everything. For servers,
this is potentially suicide. I need to duplicate every server while
upgrading and testing the production machine.

For desktops, yeah, it's basically not a problem to upgrade or whatever.

--
Keith Mastin
BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.