Re: Red Hat Linux 9 -- Get it Early - ???

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 11:23:57AM -0600, Michael Brininstool wrote:
> I am currently paying a fee and am happy to do it. $60/yr per machine.
> I think that is quite fair.  The new scheme is setup in such a way that
> I need the $799/year package to get the same thing -- 13.3X the current
> cost.

Hogwash.  There are multiple levels of service, and you chose one with
telephone and web support with a committed service level agreement.
You do *not* get this today for $60/year per machine.  For $349 per
system per year, you're still get far more than you are getting for $60
per year today.

The $60 per year option will still be available.  Just don't expect Red
Hat to support operating systems that are 5 years old like they are
going to be doing for the Enterprise releases.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org