Re: Red Hat Linux 9 -- Get it Early - ???

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 11:39:11PM +0100, ms0301rh arcor de wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:24:16 -0600, Michael Brininstool wrote:
> > > Hmmm.  They'got a $349 download option and a $799 option.  The only
> > > difference between the two is a service level agreement and telephone
> > > and web support (and a fancy box with a couple of manuals).  By saying
> > > you need the $799 option, you're saying that you *need* that level of
> > > support.
> > I want Redhat Network without having to reinstall every year.  I do not
> > see the $349 option when I look on the site.  I noticed three levels:
> > the workstations level at $179 which does not appear to include the
> > daemons I need, the $799 version which is way more than I need, and
> > the $2000+ version.  So $349 instead of $60, if that option exists.
> http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/purchase/

I just looked again and there is an array of 3x3 and the middle one is the one I need.
		BASIC		STANDARD	PREMIUM
AS		n/a		$1499		$2499
ES		$349		$799		n/a
WS		$179		$299		n/a

They all come with phone support though only standard and premium
guarrantee a response.  They all come with web support, they all come
with web support.  BASIC is 90 support, Standard is 1 year, and Premium
is one year, so Standard IS what I need, not Basic.  My cost would be
$799 NOT $349.

--
Michael P. Brininstool                  mikepb hoplite org