my modem speed is very slow!

dear all ;

i finally able  to get my serial modem  to work  , but i see the speed of
browsing and download is very low its  speed  is less  3 times  than that
when i use same  modem  in xp o/s
my modem is external d-link serial modem 56 k
i have used minicom program which state that my modem  paud rate is 11520
how  can i speed up my modem ?

http://mail2web.com/ .