Airo: got weird status 1000

Hello,

I remember seeing a message some months ago about this very problem but
can't find it anymore.  I have a Cisco Aironet 350 wireless card.  When I
plug it in, it immediately splatters "airo: got weird status 1000" all over
my terminal, ad infinitum.  It works fine otherwise.

I've just installed after losing my system to foolishness, and all I did to
config my network was run netconfig.  I'm on a dhcp network.

I had this working fine, so I know it's easy :-) I think it was a simple
matter of making the connection not start at boot or something (it seems
that pcmcia-cs then started it by itself) but I can't remember how I did
it.  I have tried setting onboot=no in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 but no love there either.

Thanks in advance
Baron