RH7.* -> RH9 upgrade

Hi everybody,

Before I take the plunge, I would like to hear of success/failure
stories and other accounts of *upgrades* from RH7.{2,3} directly to
RH9. What problems have you encountered, if any, what got broken after
upgrade, what improved, etc?

NB: there are always suggestions to do a clean install. I prefer to
attempt an upgrade first, and only if things go seriously haywire to
do a clean install. Since Picasso, RH3.0.3, all my upgrades have been
successful so far. It is the jump over RH8 (+ NPTL) that concerns me
most.

Is there anything in particular to watch out for with a somewhat
outdated hardware (Pentium III 800MHz) - performance issues etc?

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | pub NOSPAM goldshmidt org