Re: boot up hang

When I've had my head in this barrel, I've made two mistakes:

1: bad partitioning (see if sfdisk -V /dev/mumble says the partitioning on that drive is OK)
2: Forgot to mkswap -c /dev/hdb3 (value of hdb3 may vary).

These can be done from the 'linux rescue' mode of the install CD.
(you might have to use fdisk rather than sfdisk).

Brian Brunner (brian t brunner gai-tronics com)

>>> wes cc gatech edu 29-May-03 10:53:12 PM >>>
Here is a little more information.... If I try to boot interactively or in
single user mode, it hangs right after I get the ok on "Enabling swap
space", and ctrl alt delete won't shut it down.  Thanks in advance for any
help.