Image copy of Linux box

We routinely backup the boot drives of our NT servers using Ghost.
We find that Ghost does not work reliably for Linux. We have Ghost 2002
and it does create a Ghost image of the drive. Problem is, when we restore
it, Linux doesn't start. We get a kernel panic. We have heard about
partimage but have been unable to create a boot CD that gives us successful
access to a partimage server.

What's the best way to accomplish this?