RE: BladeCenter Software RAID install?

You should be able to.

Have you discussed this problem with IBM's Blade support engineers?

-----Original Message-----
From: valhalla-list-admin redhat com [mailto:valhalla-list-admin redhat com]
On Behalf Of John Dalbec
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 11:19 AM
To: valhalla-list redhat com
Subject: Re: BladeCenter Software RAID install?

Jim Laverty wrote:
 > Which kernel are you using for 7.3? We had no problems setting up  >
RAID1 using 2.4.18-5 on the BladeCenter. Also check the BladeCenter  >
various firmware revs, if I remember correctly (it has been about  > six
months) the firmware and BIOS were out of date when the units  > were
shipped. We don't use disk druid, does fdisk respond the same way?

I'm using the kernel on the BladeCenter boot disk from Red Hat's
vendor-specific errata section.  I'll check the firmware, thanks for the
tip.  I think fdisk defaults to the same geometry as Disk Druid, but I
know how to override that.  If I create the partitions with fdisk, can I
then use Disk Druid to create the RAID pairs?
Thanks,
John