RE: BladeCenter software RAID install?

Jim Laverty wrote:
> Were you able to resolve the RAID problems?

Yes. I did a partial install on the drive with the larger (LBA) cylinder size. I partitioned it with Disk Druid, taking care that the partitions would occupy a whole number of cylinders on both drives. I let it get through CD 1 and then I switched to the root shell on tty2. I used "sfdisk -d" to dump the partition table from the LBA drive to a file in /tmp. I changed all the partition types to software RAID (fd) and used sfdisk to load the resulting partition table onto both drives.

I then rebooted the machine and restarted the install with the new partition tables. I created the RAID 1 pairs in Disk Druid and it didn't try to move them as it had done before. The rest of the installation went smoothly.

Thanks,
John