Re: Changing log-in names!

Paul Traynor wrote:
Hi I wonder if someone could tell me how to change the log-in name I use
to get into my RedHat 9 box. I use it in the  command line  consoles so
a command line  description would be good.

First, login as root, then run `adduser new-username`, where new-username is the actual new name that you want. Then run `passwd new-username` (again, new-username is the actual name) to put in a passwd. Then you should be able to login as that new user.

`userdel old-username` will delete the old user.

Forrest