RE: Open Relay

On 26-Sep-2003 Emerson Maat wrote:
> Hi To All,
>
> How would I know if my server is an open relay?
>
> Please Advice? Thanks.
>

> Regards,
>
> Emerson

Hi Emerson,among a long list of more accurate documents,you could (as
startpoint) check your IPADDRESS by using rblcheck,a small program that makes a
query over several RBL servers.

[marco linux marco]$ rpm -qi rblcheck
Name        : rblcheck                     Relocations: /usr
Version     : 1.5                               Vendor: (none)
Release     : 1                             Build Date: dom 14 set 2003
23:40:47 CEST
Install date: dom 14 set 2003 23:41:44 CEST      Build Host:
linux.ik5bcu.ampr.org
Group       : Applications/Internet         Source RPM: rblcheck-1.5-1.src.rpm
Size        : 523198                           License: GPL
URL         : http://rblcheck.sourceforge.net/
Summary     : A command-line interface to RBL-style listings.
Description :
rblcheck is a very basic interface to RBL-style DNS listings such as those
operated by the MAPS (http://www.maps.org/) and ORBL (http://www.orbl.org/)
projects.

Then use a very secure SMTP server as (for example) qmail.

Regards,Marco.