RE: MailScanner Question

I have the option use spamassassin set to yes too. I disabled sendmail and
enabled mailscanner, followed the docs, and it worked fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: valhalla-list-admin redhat com [mailto:valhalla-list-admin redhat com]
On Behalf Of Aaron Konstam
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 9:37 AM
To: valhalla-list redhat com
Subject: Re: MailScanner Question

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 05:43:20PM -0400, Jake McHenry wrote:
> I'm running RH9 and it works great. Yes, I'm running MailScanner with
> spamassassin and clamav virus scanner. I know it's scanning outgoing
emails
> because my employees have reported back to me that their customers are
> receiving emails with {Spam?} in their subject line. I have tested it
myself
> and it does alter the subject line on outgoing emails, but it only seems
> be outside offices, anyone connecting to the server that I have in the
relay
> file. If I send from the local machine, it does not alter the messages.
>
> Does this help?
>
> Thanks,
> Jake
Well I guess I am really confused because my experience is different.
On valhalla MailScanner ran staight from the box evoking spamassassin.
On RH 9 it would not work at all. One thing just for my curiosity.
MailScanner has many options. One seems obvious; Use spamassasin to
which I said yes. From then on I got no mail. Can this be explained?
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.