Timers and Signals problem in RH 7.3

Hi,
I am facing timer resolution problem in RH 7.3. I am
using setitimer function to set a timer of resolution
100ms with ITIMER_REAL option. this timer is
generating signal SIGALRM every 100ms seconds, but the
handler is taking some time to complete its own
processing and it is also sending signal SIGUSR1 to
other process 5 times every time its called in 100ms.
What I found is, the handler is not able to send 5
SIGUSR1 signals to other process completely. Hence the
other process is not recieving all the 5 SIGUSR1
signals and is not able to update some pointers
properly. Will u pls suggest me the tips and tricks
related to handling multiple signals with lower
resolution timer in operation.

Thank you very much in advance.