Re: Dual boot

You'll only have one IP address because there's only one OS at a time asking for an IP address on that one ethernet device.

Only one OS runs at a time.

Brian Brunner
brian t brunner gai-tronics com
(610)796-5838

>>> harry hambi bbc co uk 08/26/04 12:08PM >>>
Hi All,
Hope this is not a stupid question....if I build a machine with linux &
windows ie dual boot,if my machine is configured for dhcp
It won't have two ip address?, both operating sytems will have the same
ip is this correct, any tips on configuring dual boot will be
appreciated.

Rgds.

Harry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ - World Wide Wonderland