sendmail frustrations (full message)

Sorry, but the end of the email got cut off.  Here it is again, and
hopefully in its entirety this time.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:22:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: Wesley Proctor Wilson <wes oscar cc gatech edu>
To: valhalla-list redhat com
Subject: sendmail frustrations

hello,

I recently moved, and now I am having problems getting sendmail working
correctly again.  I had dsl with a dynamic ip address and now have cable
with a dynamic ip address and I use dynamic dns, so I'm not sure what
should be different.  I can send and recieve mail locally, but I can not
send or recieve mail outside of the network.

using ">>sendmail -v -d8.99 -d38.99 wes cc gatech edu" gives me:

seq_map_parse(aliases.files, )
openmap()       dequote:dequote NULL: valid
openmap()       host:host NULL: valid
getcanonname(cc.gatech.edu), trying dns
dns_getcanonname(cc.gatech.edu, trymx=1)
dns_getcanonname: trying cc.gatech.edu. (ANY)
        YES
dns_getcanonname: trying cc.gatech.edu. (AAAA)
        NO: errno=0, h_errno=4
dns_getcanonname: trying cc.gatech.edu. (A)
        YES
dns_getcanonname: cc.gatech.edu
getcanonname(cc.gatech.edu), found
hash_map_open(mailertable, /etc/mail/mailertable.db, 0)
openmap()       hash:mailertable /etc/mail/mailertable.db: valid
db_map_lookup(mailertable, cc.gatech.edu)
db_map_lookup(mailertable, .gatech.edu)
db_map_lookup(mailertable, .edu)
db_map_lookup(mailertable, .)
this is a test

getmxrr(cc.gatech.edu., droplocalhost=1)
wes cc gatech edu    Connecting to sark.cc.gatech.edu. via esmtp...

and then it hangs.

">>mailq"

------------Sender/Recipient------------
i6LK4Uo21218       26 Wed Jul 21 20:04 wes
                 (Deferred: Connection timed out with gatech.edu.)
                                       wes cc gatech edu

Does anyone have any ideas?  Do you need more data?

Thanks,
Wes