Re: X Magnifier,Kzoom or somesuch

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Patrick A Thompson wrote:

> 	With my aging eyes and screens, I would like a
> dynamic magnified to view the details in an Emacs window
> so I can tell .,;: apart.  Kzoom looks like it would do what I
> want, but I am unable to get it to run and can't download the
> source to try a local compile and build.
> 	Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

    Here's a "Screen" section from my /etc/XF86Config"

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1600x1200" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

What the multiple choice of "Modes"  does is change the magnification of
the whole screen when one does CTRL/ALT/+ or CTRL/ALT/-.  By "CTRL/ALT/+"
I mean push simultaneously the CTRL, the ALT, and the rightmost + key. The
other, usually used, + key doesn't work for this purpose. Similarly for
the - key.  Repeated use of CTRL/ALT/+ cycles through the above four
"Modes", with the "640x480" having the greatest magnification.

--
Steven Yellin