-----Original Message-----
From: valhalla-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:valhalla-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Stephen Kirkpatrick
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 7:10
To: Discussion of Red Hat Linux 7.3 (Valhalla)
Subject: Re: Backspace key linus 5.2

Not sure how to fix control-h at login prompt - but you can press control-w to kill the word to the left of your cursor. This works for both the login prompt and in bash.

Harry Hambi wrote:

When I press the backspace after making a mistake at the log in prompt it prints the following character ^H.what file do I need to edit in order for the backspace key to work..once logged in seems fine.hope this makes sense.

Rgds.

Harry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.