-----Original Message-----
From: valhalla-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:valhalla-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Robert
Sent: 10 May 2005 16:36
To: Discussion of Red Hat Linux 7.3 (Valhalla)
Subject: Re: Trminal emulator linux 7.2

Harry Hambi wrote:

>When I launch minicom I get the following error cannot open /dev/ttys1:

>input/output error Tried changing to /dev/ttys0....same error
>message.any ideas?. Rgds.
>
>Harry

[rj mavis ~]$ ls -l /dev/ttys*
ls: /dev/ttys*: No such file or directory

[rj mavis ~]$ ls -l /dev/ttyS*
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 64 May  6 07:09 /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 65 May  7 07:39 /dev/ttyS1
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 66 May  6 02:08 /dev/ttyS2
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 67 May  6 02:08 /dev/ttyS3
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 68 May  6 02:08 /dev/ttyS4
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 69 May  6 02:08 /dev/ttyS5
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 70 May  6 02:08 /dev/ttyS6
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 71 May  6 02:08 /dev/ttyS7
[rj mavis ~]$

Try /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1 instead of dev/ttys0 and dev/ttys1.

< snip BBC crud>