[vfio-users] vfio-users Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Wed Aug 12 16:41:59 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-08-12 at 11:25 -0500, Bradley Davis wrote:
> Do we just respond to this? I've not used the mailing lists like this
> before.

Using a mailing list is very simple, to start a new thread send a new
mail to vfio-users at redhat.com.  To participate in a thread, simply
reply-all to the message at the point where you want to interject a
comment.  If you reply only to the sender, you may drop the rest of the
list from the conversation.

If you've subscribed with the digest option, you'll get compilation
emails with some set of emails rather than an individual email for each
message.  This is often used for lurking or tracking a mailing list, but
it makes it more difficult to participate since the digest emails will
not thread into the conversation.  I would advise using a regular,
non-digest subscription if you intend to participate.

The list will limit email size, it's currently set to 4KB, so if you
need to include screenshots in postings, host them externally and
provide a link.

If you have any further questions, please ask.  Thanks,

Alex