[vfio-users] Hyperthreading and kvm

Blank Field ihatethisfield at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 21:09:09 UTC 2015

Use "Reply All" button. Include the mailing list in the "to:" field.
>I'm currently running an A10-5700 with a discrete Nvidia card, and I've
got a LMDE2 install in which I'm preparing to do an experimental W10 VM.
So, according to your experience, I shouldn't expect much with this
processor, then?
http://pastebin.com/rEhebfQM
It will work. But it has taken a year for me to figure out how to make it
work.
The pastebin link is my currently working domain xml.
Two asus HD7750 on an asus F2A55+Athlon X4 750k (Trinity).
The kernel and module parameters are:
options kvm-amd npt=1 nested=0
options kvm ignore_msrs=0 allow_unsafe_assigned_interrupts=0
options vfio_iommu_type1 disable_hugepages=1 allow_unsafe_interrupts=0
CMDLINE:
nofb pci-stub.ids=1022:780d,1002:683f,1002:aab0 enable_mtrr_cleanup
amd_iommu_dump=1 iommu=pt acpi_enforce_resources=lax

Try doing it with nested=1

If you will use libvirt, that should work 100%, as i have almost the same
CPU.